Monday, January 5, 2009

Thing 11 - Google Docs

Google docs is awesome. You never have to carry around disk of a flob to work on materials, as long as you have a computer with an Internet connection. I loaded some of my school files from my school file and was able to work on them from home without having to use my flob. Awesome!! I do have to say that Microsoft probably should be feeling a little bit nervous about its future. But with all companies, I sure they will find a new niche in the computer world. I agree with Mike Kaechele about people being stuck in their ways and it will take a while for people to change over. This type of technology is the wave of the future and it will replace MS Office. This is great for students to be able to access there work from the web, no matter where they are as long as they have Internet access. This also gets ride of the dog ate my homework or I left my paper at home excuse. If it's online they can pull it up at school and print a new copy. We could also go green by not having students print out there papers, but putting them in a google doc that we can access with reader rights. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment