Friday, January 9, 2009

Thing 12 - Review of Knowtes and 30 Boxes

Well, I took a look at the list of Web 2.0 Productivity tools you had listed and I chose two that appealed to me based on your mini description. The first that I looked at was the http://30boxes.com/welcome.php site. This was very user friendly and reminded me of MS Outlook. It was easy to schedule things on the calendar and check email. You could even create to do lists. The other nice feature that I liked was the reminder capabilities. You could have it remind you in a matter of minutes of something or in a numbers of days weeks or even months of an activity. That was cool. The only thing that didn't work well was that you had to import an avatar rather than creating one from that site. The last nice feature was that you could post this to a blog or share through email your schedule. I could use this for students to record homework assignments and post when tests or quizzes will be. Parents and students then would be informed.

The other web tool I looked at was Knowtes . I thought this would be a cool way for students to study. I could create flashcards or they could and then they can use them to study for quizzes and tests. What a nice tool. I didn't create any flashcards of my own but it I looked at an animal fact set and scored a 63%. It nice to be able to quiz yourself. Students can see how they are doing by taking a quiz and monitor their own progress. Students love to see how they are doing, so this is great. The Web is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment