Friday, January 16, 2009

Thing 18- PLNs

I thought Ning was pretty cool. I can see this type of PLN being used in our school district, county and even our state. We could set them up as department networks, so we could share our great ideas with each other and bounce ideas back and forth. This is great info. I went to the MACUL site and found it very interesting. People blog, post videos and have forums about various uses for technology in the classroom. One of the other middle school tech teachers and I are thinking about going to the MACUL conference this spring and it was cool to connect with others that are using technology in the classroom. This site had more info on the conference than the pamphlet that we received. Its nice to have a community you can connect with when you have questions. I don't really see any problems with PLNs other than you have to be able to find others to connect with and sometimes it can be hard to find people who share the same interests. I really think they are an advantage because you can pool so many great minds together. I'm going to keep up with the MACUL PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment