Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thing 14- Podcasts

I took a look at several podcasts. I thought the teacher and student podcasts were cool. I enjoyed the podcast called "Our City" http://www.learninginhand.com/OurCity/index.html this was created by students for students. I clicked on Fantastic Vancouver, British Columbia. The students describesd their city and gave history. This would be cool to have my students do about their city.
The next podcast that really struck my interest was the podcasts from National Geographic. www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/ Ever since I was little, I have enjoyed reading and watching National Geographic. Animals have always fascinated me, so the animal podcasts that they have are right up my alley. The other reason this one attracted me is because second semester I start teaching an enrichment class on outdoor studies. I always have the students create a powerpoint presentation on an animal that is native to Michigan, so this is another area for information. Who knows, maybe if I learn more about how to create my own podcasts I can have the students create podcasts rather than powerpoints. Now that would be cool. Well that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment